LEFAE - Aeronautical and Electrical Fire Testing Laboratory
Created in 2006, LEFAE is a testing laboratory is a testing laboratory specialized in the design, development and implementation of tests with severe constraints.
In 2017, LEFAE became a subsidiary of the Emitech Group, an independent group, French leader in environmental testing.
The Group's services cover all certification, qualification and characterization tests for industrial products. LEFAE is recognized for its tests in the category of extreme tests: fire, explosive atmosphere...
Our objectives and missions
We carry out tests for our customers or make our resources available to them.
We provide our partners with the organizational and technical means to achieve their goals of excellence:
- Conformity of their products to the requirements specified or necessary for their use
- Development, upkeep, management and improvement of their quality, safety and environmental insurance systems,
- Increase the performance level of their organization and their competitiveness.
We regularly intervene in the aeronautical, automotive, electrical, mechanical, plastics and service industries.
Our fields of expertise
We are specialized in the fields of:
- fire resistance,
- fire non-propagation,
- environmental testing,
- analysis of mechanical, dimensional and physicochemical properties
We offer our experience in the practice of testing at the service of our partners, in collaboration with their Research and Development departments and their Expertise, Control and Testing services.
We are specialists in the development of testing devices and methods as well as in the setting up and implementation of testing programs.
All LEFAE's services are carried out in accordance with the quality requirements defined by the international standards ISO/CEI 17025 "General recommendations for the competence of calibration and testing laboratories" and ISO 9001.
LEFAE is approved by Dassault for the Z37 activity "Fire resistance control", to carry out non-flammability tests according to aeronautical standards, as well as fire resistance tests for gas burners and liquid fuel burners according to the ISO2685 standard.
Dassault has therefore included our company in its panel of approved laboratories for specific tests:
- V60s test following: §25.853 (a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(i)
- H15s test following: §25.853 (a) Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(iv)
- 45°30s test following: §25.853 (a) Appendix F Part I (a2)(1)(ii)
- Test 1100°C - 15 min according to ISO 2685 - gas burner
- Test 1100°C - 15 min according to ISO 2685 - kerosene burner
On the occasion of the renewal of our accreditation in May 2022 for aeronautical fire tests according to ISO 2685, and AC 20-135, we are now COFRAC accredited for :
Overview of our St-Chamond site
LEFAE shares with Adetests, another subsidiary of the Emitech Group, the St-Chamond site. The following video presents an overview of the human and technical resources of this site,